Daggett Shuler Attorneys at Law is a North Carolina-based personal injury law firm serving the Triad community of Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and High Point. They pride themselves on their Safe Sober initiative, a community outreach program co-founded in 1990 by Managing Partner David Daggett to discourage underage drinking and drug use during prom season. David and Attorney Griff Shuler began the grassroots initiative by visiting high schools during every prom season and encouraging the high school classes of the Triad community to “Do It Right” on Prom Night. The attorneys’ goal was to evolve and further amplify the Safe Sober message as they continue to promote safety and security in the young population of the Triad.
Legal Communications Group’s intention for Daggett Shuler was to capitalize on the Safe Sober initiative’s philosophy and evolve it further to engage the whole community. This was executed through the following avenues:
- Public Service Ads that reflect the Safe Sober mission statement.
- Year-round out-of-home digital buys.
- Working with Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools (WSFCS) to incorporate the Safe Sober message into events and happenings at local high schools.
- Creating and deploying new visual assets for social media.
- Re-launch with a new logo and name that welcome the entire community to participate in the Safe Sober campaign.
- Encouraging the youth of the Triad community to “Take The Pledge”.
- A reimagined annual Safe Sober T-Shirt design contest.
Following the implementation of these strategies, the Safe Sober target audience expanded beyond just high school students and began to engage the whole community. What began as a seasonal campaign with a limited audience became a year-round organization continuously propelled by the engagement and participation of the families of the Triad.
The refined and revamped Safe Sober initiative helps Daggett Shuler Attorneys achieve and sustain a platform that allows them to continuously reach the Winston-Salem, High Point, and Greensboro areas throughout each year. With this ever-growing program, David and Griff were able to transcend their usual duties as personal injury attorneys serving North Carolina. As a result, they have become widely regarded for their positive and highly influential contribution to the community’s health, safety, and well-being. The difference that Safe Sober has made on its audience cannot be quantified; the program has continued to build and foster trust between David, Griff, and their community, solidifying Daggett Shuler’s role as good corporate citizens of North Carolina.