Web Hosting Service Level Agreement
Web Hosting Service Level Agreement:
Legal Communication Group (LCG) uses a third-party, Liquid Web (LW), to host websites on behalf of our clients. We commit to providing an initial response to any reported website failure within 24 hours. Once the problem is identified, we commit to working with any third party to remedy the issue. The guarantees provided by the third-party vendor will be passed through to our clients. Below are the details that will govern this Web Hosting Service Level Agreement.
Hardware Replacement Service Level Agreement:
Liquid Web guarantees that in the event of a dedicated server hardware failure, the faulty hardware will be replaced within 30 Minutes of identifying the problem. In the event that this guarantee is not met, LCG will pass-thru a credit for ten times the actual amount of additional downtime recorded and reported by LW service monitoring logs, based on the clients monthly hosting charge. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This guarantee does not include the time it requires to perform additional software related maintenance, including rebuilding web accounts from backups, cloning hard drives, reloading the operating system, reloading and configuring applications, or rebuilding RAID arrays.
Network Uptime Service Level Agreement:
LW guarantees network uptime to be 100%. This guarantee assures that all major routing devices within the LW network are reachable from the global internet 100% of the time.
Network SLA Exclusions
Many possible situations are completely beyond the control of LCG and LW and therefore are not in the scope of this SLA. These situations include:
- Scheduled Network Maintenance – occasionally network maintenance will be required. LW will do everything possible to minimize and avoid downtime during this maintenance. You will receive prior notification of upcoming maintenance at the e-mail address we have on file. Scheduled maintenance periods are not eligible for SLA credits.
- Hardware Maintenance – on rare occasions, the hardware in the LCG Dedicated Server at LW may need maintenance or replacement. LW will do everything possible to minimize any downtime in these situations per the hardware replacement SLA. Any downtime incurred as a result of this maintenance will not be counted towards the network SLA.
- Software Maintenance – an important part of managing a Dedicated Server is keeping the software up to date. Occasional software updates will be required to address security or performance issues. Usually, you will experience little or no downtime in these situations, but we cannot guarantee a specific amount of time in all situations.
- Malicious Attacks – if a third party not associated with LCG or LW initiates a “Denial of Service” or another form of disabling attack against the LCG Dedicated Server at LW, or major portions of the LW network, LW will do everything in its power to stop the attack, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
- Legal Actions – In the case that legal action is taken against a client and LCG or LW is required to act in accordance with the order, LCG and LW shall not be responsible for any SLA damages.
- cPanel Issues – the Web Host Manager on the LCG Dedicated Server at LW is configured for automatic updates of cPanel related software. On occasion, one of these automatic updates could adversely affect all or part of the cPanel related software on the server. LCG and LW will do whatever is necessary to fix any cPanel related problems, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
Network SLA Remedy
All requests for compensation must be received within 5 business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge or 1/12th of an annual charge. This SLA does not apply for any month that the customer has been in default of payment. Duplication of SLA compensation is not allowed. Only one SLA credit may be given per incident. For example: if a network outage SLA event and a data transfer SLA event happen simultaneously. SLA compensation will only be given for one of the events.
LCG and LW utilize some third-party services to provide responses to customers. These include, but are not limited to, our SendGrid and LW Live Chat systems. If a third-party system’s failure prevents LCG or LW from honoring the Response Time SLA requirements the SLA event will be ineligible for compensation.
LCG reserves the right to transfer hosting services to another hosting service without prior notice or approval from clients. In the event of a transfer of hosting services. LW will be replaced with the new third-party hosting service provider and this SLA will remain in effect. LCG reserves the right to amend this SLA without notice. The SLA posted on the LCG website will be the SLA that governs the hosting relationship and associated guarantees and remedies.